Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post # 8: Free Time and Technology

Technology have a very important place in the dairy life, because they simplify our life with simple but complex things at the same time. There are a lot of things that we can use all the time, like mp3, mp4, pen drives, laptops, palms etc. And in other spaces we have washing machine, wash dishes, etc.
The problem is that people think that technology will save our life, but they forget some important things. For example, if you are all the time at your home staying connected in internet, you wouldn’t’ t have the opportunity to get out and meet other people in real life, you can’t feel the sun, the rain, the air, and you miss opportunities to do new things, go to the parks, go to eat an ice cream with your friends, etc.
I think I don’t have so much free time right now, I think I use 3 hours in a day because in university time I have so much work to do, like tests, or extra program things, like go to seminaries and things like that. On weekend, I “took” Saturday for myself and I to things like go out with my boyfriend and my friends to many places, like parks, expositions, the mall, the cinema, and go to eat something like ice cream, fried potatoes, or things that we cook together, like pasta or a new invention.
In other way, when I have a big free time like vacation time I like to stay at the computer playing games or talking with my friends, see online movies and if I have so much free time I like to read a good book, or do handmade things, like hair accessories or painting or useful things. One day I do a cork board with a draw and a little paper box where you can put pencils, rubbers, and other office things. I like to travel too, and go to visit my grandparents or visit to my boyfriend’s sister or go to the beach, or visit friends who lives out of the city, or go to meet other places.
If I have more free time I will read more, because I love Latin-American literature, and I have a lot of books that I can’t read it yet!
But, vacations are coming, and I will do all those things, and that makes me feel very happy! :D

3 comments:

Nazareno said...

Danita
I agree with you when you say that if you spend all day in the internet, you will miss the oportunity to feel the sun, the rain ... etc. It's what I'm talking about when I say "The Elemental Way"

Take care !

nanobot said...

the university is takin out all the free time that we used to have!!! we will have to wait for the summer vacation to have a really free time for us.
bye

Ju Alfaro said...

Talking about free time and ice creams
when we can go for a maxi ?:P