Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Post # 12 (last post!): A brief essay

Technology it’s a tool to the studies, because exist so many programs to make easier our university student work, like word (to write essays or for made researches) or excel (to calculate things like scores in a test or to do a statistic analysis) or SPSS (to made statistic research) and tools like msn messenger because it’s a good way to talk with your partners or internet with Google, because it simplify our searching for research or to complement the study, with articles and exercises. Summarizing, technology helps us to do a better work at the university, in a good quality and esthetic form. In other way, helps to study more completely.

In a first point, I use SPSS, word and excel; in other topic I use Google for my different subjects, like Laws (to search the different laws like 18575 or 19880 and then edit it in word), in Macroeconomics I just use one time Google to find the Phillips curve, who represent the connection of unemployment and salary. In Sociologic theory I used SPSS, because we have to do a sociologic research and in my group decided to do a survey, so we have to made a information base that we have to examine with this program, using descriptive statistics, like frequencies and contingency tables. In a similar way at Method class we have to use this program to for statistic analysis, and we use word to do tables. In this subject we have to do a research to, so we have to use Internet to search useful information. In English, we have to use internet to do exercises in English, and we have to use a Blog to talk about so many topics, like music, Transantiago, Places that we want to go, and more. At least, in accountancy I use excel for calculate in an easier way.

So, I think I have been so connected with technology at this year, overall in this last semester because I have to do two researches that need necessarily specific computer programs, first because these programs simplify our work and because they were obligatory for the subject contents. But, I think that helps me to learn more about the different uses of the different programs and obviously it helps me for delivered esthetic works and it serves for gave me more information to complement my knowledge and learning.

So, I think that this semester be a good way to become familiar with the different technologies in a best way, to complement my knowledge about this topic. I think technology it’s a great tool for people to simplify their life, and overall for the students who have to use a lot of different programs to do their researches and university works or homework. The point lie to the access that we have to this tool, because not everybody can have the opportunity to have a computer or a laptop, or their computers don’t have the minimum abilities to have all the necessary programs to their careers. So he must to pay attention at this point.

No comments: